Friday, February 12, 2016

Fear of telling my story

Hello Everybody
Have you ever wanted to get something off of your chest? Last week Friday I decided to start this blog talking about my journey. My first blog I didn't capture the audience the way I wanted to. I briefly described what I was going through for the past 10 years of my life. 
       On Sunday after I had a discussion with my friend she conveyed to me that I didn't give enough details on my blog. I immediately was paralyzed by fear and I decided to erase everything  and just put in a line saying under construction. You see we are always putting ourselves under construction. We paralyze ourselves from the world.
      I didn't realize I was still holding on to what I call "secrets" that paralyzed me. When I realized that I had to expose my secret that's when the paralysis kicked in.  I went back into what I call  a invisible prison. At least when you're in a physical prison you know that you're in prison because you see the bars.
         It took me about two days to recover from the paralysis. On Wednesday I freed myself and I rewrote my blog with detail and no fear.
        That was a huge step for me because I used to be a private person.  I was more like the person that would just read and like the posts on Facebook. If I would post    it would be brief.
       I realize now that this blog is a platform to help me stay out of my invisible prison. This week was my first test and I passed.
     Next week I will talk more about my secret.

Come back each Friday for a new blog. Feel free to comment and share. If you have something you would like me to discuss share it in the comments or email osborne.tracie@gmail.com.

Have a wonderful week on purpose.

Tracie Osborne


 
Copyright 2016 Tracie Osborne all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment