Sunday, January 28, 2018

Act of Kindness

I am currently reading Chicken Soup for the Soul by Jack Canfield. It is a book filled with true stories from happiness to sadness. My favorite stories are the ones when someone did and act of kindness.   Reading these stories made me reflect on my own life. Do I do acts of kindness daily? Do I make someone smile everyday?
I had a coaching session with Anna at 9am on a Wednesday. I walked into the house and I saw a gate by the kitchen and all the outlets covered. I thought they must have an infant. As I walked further into the home I saw not 1 but 2 infants. I started smiling because it made me think of my twins. The twins were so busy playing that they didn’t even notice me.  Ana and her husband was busy trying to keep them safe. I continued to look at them explore the world through there senses.  They are so curious at that age and it is amazing to watch.
My session was over with Anna and it was time to leave. Anna asked if I could stay for breakfast. I thought it was very generous of them to offer me some breakfast. I had some time before my next appointment and decided to stay.  Anna went into the kitchen and cooked and omelet to go with the french toast that her husband had bought from his store. I continued to be mesmerized by there twins. I told them that I also had twins and that my twins were 6 years old. While Anna was cooking they asked me questions about raising twins. Were your twins on a schedule? Does it get easier? Do they get along? Did your twins sleep at night? I answered their questions and helped ease their anxiety.
Anna bought the food out from the kitchen and set it up on the floor. They had no table because of the twins.  It was exciting to experience eating with another culture. The food spread was wonderful they had pita bread, omelets and french toast. While we ate we laughed and talked about our experience with twins.
I went with the intention of making someone smile and I ended up smiling also. I never look for anything in return. But when I do acts of kindness I feel an instant feeling of joy. That feeling is worth more than any material object. Making people happy makes me happy. When people are happy and comfortable they instinctively show acts of kindness. In that moment they showed an act of kindness when they invited me to stay for breakfast.

Coach Tracie

No comments:

Post a Comment